Experiment: Onion fried eggs rice bowl
I was browsing through cookpad one day, and I saw this recipe. It has two of my favourite foods – eggs and plums, and the presentation of the rice bowl was so good! I gotta give this recipe a try! Although it’s a fairly simple dish, it did take me longer than expected to make because of the presentation. OH well, I guess, pretty presentation does make food taste better!
Materials: (serves 2)
2 bowls of cooked rice
2 Japanese preserved plums
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp Soy sauce (or mentsuyu)
black pepper (to taste)
7-flavour powder (to taste)
1) Remove the seeds from the plums. Chop the plums into small pieces. Mix with rice.
2) In a small bowl, mix the eggs, mayonnaise, sugar, soy sauce (or mentsuyu), black pepper and 7-flaovour powder together.
3) Heat a small frying pan, add oil. Put the sliced onions in and stir fry until the onions brown a little. Put the egg mixture in. Stir fry until the egg is cooked.
4) In a bowl/plate, first put the rice with plum in, and then put the onions and eggs on top of the rice. Sprinkle bonito flakes and sesame seeds on top.
1) While I was taking picture of this dish, I suddenly thought of “ochazuke” (お茶漬け). I think I can totally transform this dish into ochazuke by pouring hot green tea in, and it would still taste good! Must try next time!