Posts Tagged 薑湯
Experiment: Apple carrot butternut squash ginger soup (蘋果紅蘿蔔南瓜薑湯)
I mentioned in my other post that there was this Hong Kong TV show about soup, and the guest chef, Hilda Leung, introduced a soup recipe every episode. One of the soup recipes that she introduced was the apple carrot butternut squash ginger soup. I’m a big fan of butternut squash; I really like the creamy texture of blended butternut squash in soup. Also, butternut squash is supposed to be very god for your body. Hmm… I’m so gonna try this recipe!
I modified Hilda’s recipe a little because:
a) I did’t have all the ingredients on her recipe at home
b) I changed it a little to suit my taste
Materials: (serves 4)
40 g shallots, finely chopped
200 g apples, peeled and diced
200 g carrots, peeled and diced
400 g butternut squash, peeled and diced
30 g ginger, peeled and diced
150 g ham/sausage (or some kind of meat)
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tbsp butter
2 L water
1) Heat up a medium size pan. Melt the butter. Put the shallots in and stir fry until the fragrance comes out. Put the apples, carrots, butternut squash and ginger in. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
2) Put water in, then add the dried rosemary. Cook for about 20 – 30 minutes.
3) Use a hand held blender to blend the soup.
4) Put the ham/sausage in and cook for another few minutes.
5) Add salt and pepper to taste.
1) I really like this soup! I like butternut squash, I like ginger, and I like apples! My faves in one soup! Perfect!
2) You can add cooked macaroni in the soup for a more filling meal. That’s what I do when I can’t finish the soup on the first day! 🙂
Leung, Hilda. Pretty soup brewer. http://programme.tvb.com/foodandtravel/prettysoupbrewers/i_info/125160/7/1381
Leung, Hilda. Cookaholic Journey by Hildada. http://www.facebook.com/CookaholicJourney
Leung, Hilda. Sina. http://www.weibo.com/hildaleung