Posts Tagged 照り焼き
Experiment: Chicken teriyaki donburi (鶏照り焼き丼)
I was looking through my facebook the other day. A friend of mine shared a link… and I clicked in there to see what it’s about. Oh it’s the food blog of a Japanese chef living in Taiwan, Masa の料理ABC. There are many Japnese dishes and desserts. I clicked and see what kinda food I’d be interested in making, and I saw this rice bowl…
Materials: (serve 2 bowls)
2 bowls of rice
Chicken thigh with skin on
chopped green onions
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sake
1/2 tbsp sugar
1) Wash the chicken thigh and pat dry with paper towel.
2) Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Marinate the chicken thigh in the sauce for 10-15 minutes (or longer if you want).
3) Beat the eggs. Panfry the eggs into a thin slice. Remove from heat. When it’s cold enough for you to handle, fold the fried egg in 3 and thinly slice the egg.
4) Heat up a frying pan to medium heat. Put the skin side on the pan and let it cook for a few minutes, then flip to the other side. Put the sauce in, and cover the frying pan with a lid. Reduce to medium low heat and let it simmer until chicken is cooked.
5) When the chicken is cooked, remove from heat and let it cool. Cut into small pieces.
6) In a rice bowl, put the rice in, then the egg, chicken, green onion and seaweed. Feel free to put the sauce in the rice bowl as well. 🙂
1) The chef also mentioned that you can also use this teriyaki chicken to make a teriyaki chicken burger. For more information you can go to here, it’s at the bottom of the page.