Posts Tagged マグロ納豆
Experiment: Tuna Okra Natto Donburi (マグロオクラ納豆丼)
I went to Guu Konbachi on Denman St few weeks ago with Mr. Clam. One of the dishes that we ordered was Tuna Natto… I forgot the official name. Anyway, it has tuna sashimi, natto, okra and picked daikon in it. I thought, it’d be easy to make at home, and it’d be a a very good rice bowl for the summer, as you don’t really have to turn on the stove. So here, I made it today… 🙂
Some of the dishes from Guu Konbachi:
1 bowl of rice
1 pack of natto
few slices of pickled daikon
Soy sauce to taste
1) Wash the okra, then use coarse salt to rub the okra. I read that it helps to remove the tiny hair on the okra.
2) (Optional) Put the okra in a small bowl, then pour hot water in. Cover and let it sit.
3) Cut the okra into small pieces.
4) Thinly slice the picked daikon.
5) Open a pack on natto and mix it well.
6) Put cooked rice in the serving bowl. then put the okra, natto, tuna sashimi and pickled daikon on rice. Sprinkle seaweed strips and sesame seeds on top. Pour soy sauce on top.
The tuna natto dish at Guu Konbachi (without rice)
1) The okra at Guu was not cooked. I don’t really like fresh okra, that’s why I soak it in hot water to soften it and to get rid of that “fresh” taste.