Archive for category Meat
Experiment: Basic Japanese style Hamburger patty
Hamburger patty is a very common dish in Japan. You can find recipes in many Japanese magazines or books. There’s this recipe book that I have that shows you what can go with you hamburger patties. Well… before I try those fancy recipes, I think I need to make sure that my hamburger patties taste good first. I’ve made it 4 times before… the first and third time tasted well, but the second and forth time were really bad. Not sure why! I guess odd numbers are good for me? Anyways… I tried a simpler recipe this time… and guess what, this 5th time that I make hamburger patties was good! (it’s odd number again though) Hmm… not sure about next time though… hahahaha!
Materials: (make 6 patties)
300 g minced meat (beef or pork or mixed)
1/2 onion, chopped
50g bread crumbs
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 soy sauce
1) Put the chopped onion, garlic, ginger, bread crumbs and egg in a mixing bowl, and mix well.
2) Put the meat in 1), and add soy sauce, sake and black pepper. Mix well.
3) Divide the mixture in 6. Put a portion in your hand. Make it into a round shape. Throw the patty between your hands to make the air out. (This prevents the hamburger patty from falling apart when you cook it)
4) Put the hamburger patties into the fridge for an hour for the flavour to come out. (Optional step)
5) Pan fry the patties or bake the patties. Depends on what you wanna make.
1) I use worchester sauce for the patties this time. It tasted well! 🙂
2) It’s better to chop the onion REALLY FINE. It’s easier for you to make the patties round. This time I made the onions a bit too big, so it acutally didn’t mix well with the meat… and then I couldn’t make nice round shape patties.