Experiment: Tofu with thousand year egg (皮蛋豆腐） Version 2
I haven’t updated this blog for a while. One major major reason is that… I got braces,. Eating has not been fun ever since… >.< If I can’t eat what I cook, it’s not as fun to cook anymore. Hence… lazy to try new recipes. OH well, I think from now on the recipes I try will be mostly soft food! 😦
Anyway. When it comes to soft food, the first thing I would think of is eggs. Even if you “hard boil” it, it’s still relatively soft enough for my teeth. Next soft food that comes to my mind is TOFU! 🙂 So today I made tofu with thousand year egg! Hmm I have made it and posted it before (post is here), but I wanna try another version of it.
1 pack of soft tofu
2 thousand year eggs
1 small bunch of cilantro
Sesame (to sprinkle on top)
1 tbsp soy sauce paste
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp Chinese dark vinegar
1) Wash the cilantro, finely chop it.
2) Cut the tofu into small cubes.
3) Peel the eggs, and cut it into small pieces.
4) Mix the eggs and chopped cilantro together in a small bowl.
5) Mix the ingredients of the sauce together.
6). Put the tofu on a plate, then put 4) on top of the tofu. Sprinkle sesame on top. Then pour 5) on top. DONE!
1) This dish is very good to be eaten with rice.
2) The picture isn’t that great, because I took it with iPhone… I’m even getting lazier at taking pictures. BAD ME!