Experiment: Apple crisp with ice cream
I’m back!!! I have been in school for the past few months. I thought I would have time to update my blog but… I had been caught up with my quizzes and assignments and midterms and on and on and on… Now the term is FINALLY over, and I finally get to sit down and update my blog.
Well, to celebrate the end of the term, I decided to make a dessert to reward myself. First thing that came to my mind was apple crisp with ice cream. This is actually the very first dessert I learned to make. I was living in a dorm and my roommate was hosting a party. I didn’t know what to make to contribute to the party, so I asked my friend what the easiest thing to make that everybody likes. Well, there, I got my very first dessert recipe and I made apple crisp with ice cream. It turned out quite well and it was gone quite soon. ^_^
I can’t find the recipe that my friend gave me anymore, so I just googled online and find something similar. This recipe looks good and easy, the ingredients look similar to what I remember, so I decided to give it a try. Since I didn’t wanna make too much, I halved all the ingredients and I didn’t add the nutmeg (since I don’t have it at home).
2 medium apples, peeled and cut into chunks (or however you like it)
1/4 – 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (depends on how sweet you want it)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
3 tbsp butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2) Spread the apples in a medium size baking pan.
3) In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (except for ice cream) and stir until well mixed. Sprinkle on top of the apples.
4) Bake for about 3o minutes or so or until the topping is golden brown.
5) Serve with ice cream.
1) It’s a really quick dessert to make. I think it only took me like 10 minutes to prepare everything and then 30 minutes to bake. I pretty much just put it in the oven when I have my dinner and it’s ready when I finish dinner! 🙂
2) I actually would like more of the toppings; it didn’t seem like the amount of toppings from the recipe was enough for the apples. OR were my apples too big? I tend to buy big apples… anyway, I’ll make more toppings next time! 🙂