Experiment: Kimchi Udon with masago
I tried this kimchi udon at a few Japanese izakaya restaurant. I looooove this dish. I’m trying to make it at home tonight.
Materials: (serve 2)
2 bricks of frozen udon
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tbs sesame oil
Kimchi vegetables – as much as you like
2-4 tbsp Kimchi sauce
1 tbsp mayonnaise
2-3 tbsp masago
chopped green onions
1) Boil the frozen udon until cooked. Drain the water.
2) In a frying pan, heat up the sesame oil and crushed garlic. When you can smell the sesame oil and the garlic, put the udon in and stir fry a little.
3) Put the kimchi vegetables, kimchi sauce and mayonnaise in. Mix well.
4) When the udon is done, remove from heat. Put in the masago in and mix until it’s evenly on the udon.
5) Put the chopped green onions and shredded seaweed on top to garnish.
1) It’s a quick dish! It can be done in 10 minutes… hehe!
2) Hmmm I googled online… masago and tobiko are pretty much the same thing… so if you can’t find masago, you can use tobiko. Or you can totally omit it.