Experiment: Fried vermicelli with pickled Szechwan vegetable and pork
I had leftover picked Szechwan veggie, and I don’t know what to do with it. Hmm… so I looked into the freezer… and I found some ground pork. I actually wanted to make steam pork with pickled Szechwan veggies, but since steaming the meat requires marinading, which I suck at. Then I decided to stir fry the pickled veggie and pork with vermicelli.
1 pickled Szechwan vegatable
1 dried vermicelli
1-2 cloves of garlic, mince
1) Soak the vermicelli in water. Soak until soft.
2) Slice the pickled Szechwan veggie into thin slices. OR you can buy those that come pre-sliced.
3) Heat up a frying pan, add in oil. When the oil is hot, put in the garlic, ginger and pickled Szechwan veggies. Then add in the ground pork. When the pork is half done, add in the vermicelli as well.
4) Put the sugar, sesame oil and chili oil in. Stir well.
1) I didn’t write down the measurement… coz I randomly pour in the stuff. I don’t know how much I put in. But in the end, it tasted well! 🙂
2) I didn’t put in any soy sauce, coz I think that th pickled veggis is salty enough already. If you like, you can add some in.
3) I had it as a side dish instead of a main dish. If you want it to be a main dish, just put more vermicelli in. Oh btw, it tastes really well with rice! 🙂