Experiment: Calbee chips with rice
Last night, Mr. Clam and I had this conversation:
Me: What do you have for dinner tomorrow?
Mr. Clam: What do we have at home?
Me: We have nothing, so I’ll have to buy food tomorrow… I think I’ll go to T&T. So what do you want for tomorrow?
Mr. Clam: Can you buy some Calbee chips?
Me: Calbee chips for DINNER???
Mr. Clam: I want Calbee chips…
Me: Fine! Then you have Calbee chips for dinner… is that enough for you?
Mr. Clam: and rice too please!
Me: So JUST Calbee chips and rice? Nothing else?
Mr. Clam: You can decide the rest…
Well! I’m sure that he was joking around… BUT… I want him to take my “What-do-you-want-for-dinner?” question seriously… afterall, I don’t wanna think about what to eat EVERYDAY. He should help me too… so I decided to make Calbee chips with rice for dinner tonight!
1 bag Calbeechips (or whatever chips you like)
1 lb minced beef
Chopped green onions
1/2 small onion, chopp
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbs okonomiyaki sauce
1 tbs 7-flavour powder
1 tbs mirin
1 tsp chilli pepper powder (more if you like it spicy)
salt and pepper
1) Heat up a frying pan, pour some oil in, then put the chopped onions and garlic in. Then put the ground beef in.
2) Mix all the sauce ingredients together, then pour in the frying pan. Stir well with beef. Cook until the beef is done.
3) Put the rice on a plate, then calbee chips, then lettuce, tomato and avocado, beef, cheese and green onions.
4) Last but not least, the Japanese mayonnaise.
1) Hmph! I made it! Calbee chips with rice! Mr. Clam was speechless.
2) It was actually surprisingly very yummy! 🙂 I’ll definitely try it again!